Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beauty bargains!

I don't skimp on skincare. That's why I avoid the sun, don't smoke and religiously apply moisturizer. When it comes to what you put directly on your skin, you'd better avoid the cheap stuff. But that's not to say it's impossible to look good while stretching that dollar. Listen up, I will share with you some of the BEST stuff available among cosmetics, that just happen to be a great steal.





1) Aquaphor



This is the only thing that has ever cured my dry, chappy skin. You can use it on anything anytime! Lips, nose, scars... you name it. You can use it as a base before long flights, to prevent your skin from getting dehydrated. Hands down, at only $ I consider this my number one ally in the fight against fine lines and chappy lips.






2) St. Ives Apricot Scrub



Forget everything you've ever learned about skincare. Let me tell you... it's enough to scrub your face once or twice weekly. It will get rid of a dull surface, and keep things smooth. You also don't need a pricey label, this will make your face and your entire body as soft as a baby's butt!







3) Maybelline Great Lash Mascara


A staple in my make-up bag. I always come bag to this one, no matter how many new inventions are tempting me on the market. This will always create long and lush lashes. And forget about the "Big Brush" edition. When it comes to Maybelline, only the original green and pink will do. With the SMALL brush!



4) Cucumbers



Oh la la! Forget about expensive eye creams and serum. A good ole cumber will do. Just slice, cool and cover your eye-lids. Bags? What bags? Cucumbers have always stepped to my rescue on days with literally zero sleep the night before. And yes, they will soothe red and swollen eyes too, either caused from crying or allergies.




5) Olay Total Effects Touch of Sun



The *best* moisturizer on the market. Believe me, I've tried most of them. This one gives a healthy glow to fair-skinned freckles like me. But don't put too much on it... it can get a tad too orange during winter.

No comments: