Thursday, February 24, 2011

The ultimate guilty pleasure


OK, I *have* to admit it... I am officially hooked on the CW soap Gossip Girl. I've always ignored the buzz about it since I don't usually follow whatever's cooking in the mainstream lane. But somehow I gave in. The show is cleverly written, which surprised me. The dialogue is fast, fresh and filled with annotations of everything from People magazine to Russian cult movies. The characters may be shallow and the plots change turns faster than most people change underwear, but we forgive them because of the soundtrack, the fashion and the pace.

I didn't think this show would be my cup of tea, but OMG.... I surrender. Perky Serena, sinister Blair, innocent Jenny, ambitious Rufus, preppy Nate and free-spirited Vanessa drag me flat on my face into the Upper East Side drama. And I'm not sure I want to leave just yet.

Here's my advice. Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas.

1 comment:

Denae said...

Haha! I sooo agree with your tag line. Mimosas!