Monday, June 20, 2011

Our new table!


Sorry bad pic quality

Since my darling Jamie had to leave the country only a week after we moved into our new place, I haven't had the extra funds nor the manpower to add more furniture and such to our loft. Mind you, our apartment is at the 4th floor - up a long and narrow flight of steps, and when you enter, there is ANOTHER flight of spiral steps ahead of you. I am getting used to it now, but my visitors always emerge flushed and in desperate need of water.

Anyways, on the holiday weekend of the 17th, my mom and dad made the drive to see me. Immediately after their arrival, we jumped in the car and drove the 20 min to IKEA. I love IKEA! Some of their furniture is just shit, but once in a while you come across a sweet deal. And the possibilities of interacting the pieces are endless. My priority was a kitchen table, and we came across this table with a matt glass surface + 4 chairs for under 800 NOK. I say it's a deal! We took turns carrying up the items back to my place, and my dad got the honor of putting it all together. Since it is summer I want a happy, carefree and light color-scheme to tie it all together. I' ve been saving money by stealing flowers from parks, neighbors, etc... But I figured a pineapple could make a cool effect for now. I can't wait to host dinner parties when Jamie comes back! :)



3 comments:

candymachine447 said...

Oww babe that is so sweet I cant wait to come home. I love you....

candymachine447 said...

Owww babe that is so sweet. I cant wait to come home. Ilove you so much........

Denae said...

I just love Ikea! The table looks amazing. Great light in the apartment too!