Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quick update!

OK, folks. I've been a bad blogger lately, but I have a good reason! Jamie and I are getting ready to head out on our adventure!! To make a looooong story short, this is what I've been doing the last days.

1) Quit my job. Very bittersweet. Sad to leave my co-workers and a great place behind. Excited for new opportunities (and bigger paychecks!).

2) Shipped my belongings. What do you do when you need to stuff 5 years in boxes? You write a big check, that's what you do! I'm a compulsive collector, and I always have a hard time tossing things away. Even after weeks of sifting through my shit, I still had way more than I thought I'd ever own in my life.

3) Packing!

4) Cleaning!

5) Watching "Dexter"! OMG, I so hooked on this show. Season 1 was OK, but season 2 blew my mind. Jamie and I are now trying to speed through season 3 to get as much gore as we can before we go.

6) Saying good-byes. :(

7) Looking for new jobs....

8) Cooking! Now that my evenings are free, I get to eat dinner with my hubby again. Yay!

9) Mapping out our trip. No, we don't agree on everything, but at least I get to decide every little detail about California and Louisiana.

10) Trying not to think too far ahead. We'll deal with things as they come, one day at a time.

No comments: